Last Modified: May 10, 2013
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
Information You Give Us
You do not have to give us any personal information to browse the Site. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to register as a user of the Site, to submit information or request information from us, or to use the services offered through this Site. For example, you may submit your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and other information in order to receive information about various subjects, to contact Merz, or to apply for employment with Merz. Once you provide us with personal information about you, you are no longer anonymous to us.
If you decide to purchase any services or products from this Site, we may need to collect your credit/debit card number, credit/debit card expiration date, credit/debit card type (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express), and billing name and address in order to qualify and bill you for these services or products.
Cookies and Anonymous Information We Get From Your Use of Our Site
Like many websites, the Site uses a technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small pieces of information stored by web browsers on a computer’s hard drive and are used in website system administration to keep track of movement of an individual from one screen to another. When you visit or access the Site, we send one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your computer or device that uniquely identify your browser. Information collected by these technologies cannot be used to identify you unless it is added to identifiable information, and Merz will not match additional identifiable information with any information we collect through the use of such passive technologies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to block all cookies, including cookies associated with this Site. Please note, though, that if you disable cookies, some features of the Site may not function properly.
If you experience any problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As is common among Internet website operators, we maintain web server logs. Our web server automatically collects information from your computer and navigation patterns when you visit the Site, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer’s operating system, the type of browser you use, and the specific web pages visited during your connection.
How We Use Information We Collect
How We Disclose Personal Information
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information collected through the Site. We may, however, share personal information with companies or individuals or groups outside of Merz as described below:
- Consent. We may share personal information outside of Merz when we have your consent to do so.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information, or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include shipping, billing and refund, processing debit or credit card payment, fulfilling and delivering orders, website hosting, marketing, and website usage analytics. We also work with authorized distributors who may receive, fulfill and deliver orders made through the Site. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities. Merz is not responsible for the conduct of these third parties, and we expressly disclaim all liability for damages of any kind arising out of the action or inaction of such third parties.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through this Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Merz’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Legal Reasons. We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of the information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Merz, our users, or the public.
How We Use and Disclose Aggregate Information
Information That Is Publicly Available
Note that any information which you post to a public message board or chat area becomes public information. You are solely responsible for any such information you choose to post on this Site, and you may always choose not to divulge any personal information to the public when posting to a message board or chat area.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is important to us. The Site is neither designed nor intended to attract children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any individual who is under the age of 18. We ask that children under the age of 18 not submit any personal information to us. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact Merz and we will work with you to address this issue.
Data Integrity and Security
Merz uses reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of personal information collected through the Site, and to help prevent the accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of such information. These safeguards include Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology data transmission. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee that personal information collected through the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If Merz learns of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. If you have reason to believe that personal information about you is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
United States Only
The owner of the Site is based in the State of North Carolina in the United States. We provide the Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. If you are located outside the United States and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States, and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified
How You Can Control and Update Personal Information About You
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on this Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of this Site, which may limit your access certain portions of this Site.
We want to be sure that we keep only the most accurate and up to date information about you in our records. Therefore, whenever you believe that information you have given to us needs to be updated, you can email us at email@example.com to correct or update your contact information.
You may choose at any time to remove your name, telephone numbers, and postal and email addresses or any other personal information from any lists we might use to send notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence from us. Please notify Merz of your wishes by contacting Merz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a letter to:
4215 Tudor Lane
Greensboro, North Carolina 27410
Merz will endeavor to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner upon receipt of a request.