Mederma® Scar Products
Real stories. Real results.
The Success Stories on this site have been sent directly to Merz by Mederma® users and we have not verified the accuracy of these testimonials. The benefits of using Mederma® may vary from person to person, and you may not achieve the same results as the Success Stories below.
The real people who use Mederma® report what they call “amazing” results. Dozens have even taken the time to write:
- “Thank you Mederma® for helping greatly reduce the appearance of my ghastly scar before my wedding and future concerts. :)” –Kristin
- “Mederma® truly made my scars less visible within months. This product is amazing.” –Caitlynn
- “I was hit in the eye with a fast pitch ball. I suffered a broken eye socket requiring surgery and two sets of stitches. I used Mederma® and now my scars are barely noticeable.” –Glen
One ingredient that’s only available in Mederma® products is Cepalin®. This is a natural ingredient made from onion extract, which scientists have shown helps improve the appearace of scars caused by surgery, for example. In one clinical study of onion extract, 20 people applied onion extract gel and onion extract cream with SPF 30 to different healed wounds, three times a day for eight weeks2. Researchers found:
- The onion extract cream and gel both improved the appearance of scars, with the cream providing a higher “overall soothing quality,” study participants reported.
- Both the gel and cream “significantly” improved the softness, texture and appearance of scars.
- People using the products did not report any problems (such as skin irritation).
Mederma® is the #1 brand that doctors3 and pharmacists4 recommend for scars.
Parents notice the change, too.
Mederma® for Kids™ is the #1 pediatrician-recommended product for kids' scars5.
In one study of Mederma® for Kids™, parents said they saw significant improvement in their children’s scars after using it for 4 weeks, and they continued to see improvements after 8 weeks of use6. They noticed positive changes in the scars’ appearance, color, texture and softness.
- Scar Treatment Ingredients & Efficacy, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Vol 55, No. 6.
- Draelos, Z., Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, June 2008.
- IMS Health, NDTI, December 2011.
- Pharmacy Times and U.S. News & World Report, OTC Guide, June 2012.
- Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions, July 2011.
- Data on file, Merz Pharmaceuticals, December 2004.
All information in the Mederma® Learning Center is intended for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a replacement for professional medical advice. You should seek professional medical care if you have any concerns about your skin.